Monday, February 14, 2011

Ikebana and Accessories

For the past year or so I have been studying Japanese art and culture, and in line with this I recently took a class in Ikebana, the Japanese art of flower arrangement. The lesson was with a private instructor through the Ikebana International, check out some of the work at: http://www.ikebana-minneapolis-stpaul.com/ikebana_gallery

Inspired by the Ikebana, I have also been making what I call "accessories": small sculptural objects designed to bring a breath of beauty into a room. Check it out below!






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome..I really dig the peacefulness of the simplicity I see in some of your pieces...There is also just so much there at the same time! so different than what ive seen lately, Come visit Boulder!?

    ReplyDelete