Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Senior Thesis Exhibition

I graduated!!!!!

So here is my Senior Show, we spent all semester researching and developing a thesis and a body of work. This work consists of three wall-hanging cabinets made from Walnut and one made from Birch wood. Inside the cabinets are hand carved Birch sticks to look like tree limbs. The circle cabinet is made form Birch plywood, and is burned with a torch for a finish. I also made 70 lathed bowls, all small in size, and a few flower arrangements to accompany the work. In this work I am trying to tie a link between my studies of the Historical Japanese craftsman and my practice of making Western furniture and crafts.
Photographs Copyright Drayke Larson



























1 comment:

  1. Teresa, Your work is amazing, gorgeous!! We are so very impressed and delighted to watch your talent blossom! We are looking forward eagerly to following your career.

    ReplyDelete